• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM-15 Welcome screen does not behave

Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since today the Welcome screen in FM-15 presents only part of its contents - and this in huge size:

FM-15-welcome-screen.png

This happens even if I rename my modified Welcome screen and force FM to create a new one. It also happens with the Welcome screen copied from FM-16 to FM-15. In FM-16 things work as expected.

Welcome screen in FM-14 also does not behave.

Opening %appdata%\Adobe\FrameMaker\15\resources\welcomeScreen\welcome.html with FireFox presents it correctly, but this can not be used of couse.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Issue with welcome screen in FM2019 and FM2017 has been fixed from backend , No action needed from user .

-Pulkit Nagpal

-FM/FMS Engg.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I  have noticed that it shows briefly (just a blink) the correct appearance, but then the marketing item takes over.

What is shown after the blink is just the %appdaa%\Adobe/FrameMaker/15/resources/trial/trial.html :

<div id="marketing" class="tdmarketing" style="position:relative;">
          <iframe src="../trial/trial.html" class="iframemarketing" style="height:100%;width:100%;border:none;position:absolute; top:0; right:0;bottom:0;left:0;"> </iframe>
          <!--<h2>Marketing</h2>--> 
          <!--<div>Marketing content here</div>--> 
</div>

I just found t his in my system log - the same error as this time:

«Wed 2020-05-13 10:42:23 Logging ; ; FM-15 Welcome screen only shows shortly the correct view, then it switches to a huge presentation of the marketing are with all the icons. Top left a gear with pencil in it is visible - about 180 pix high. Remedy: in an empty area use Back from the context menu. Adobe confirmed a mis-reroute, which has been fixed towards the evening.»

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Klaus, thank you for the tip about using the Back context menu command. It works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2022-02-18

I had the same effect (also for FM-14  AKA 2017) since february 16. With tests I have found out that the following statement in welcome.htm is the culprit:

<h5><span id="DITA_Standard">(DITA-1.2)</span> <a id="FM_DITA_OPTIONS" href="http://fm-welcomescreen/?cmd=newxml-dita-options" class="">Change DITA Version</a></h5>

Wrapping this as XML comment lets the welcome screen work again.

Just using the context function menu Back does not provide a screen with the favourites/last used files which is cumbersome.

See also this post

In FM-14 you need to comment out another sequence:

<div id="marketing" ...
</div>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issue with welcome screen in FM2019 and FM2017 has been fixed from backend , No action needed from user .

-Pulkit Nagpal

-FM/FMS Engg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines