• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2020 Changes to Responsive HTML 5?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I've spent a ton of time getting a .css that matches a book with over 35 chapters. We get the pdf ready for the printer, then publish the same content to HTML 5 for a software product. 

For the past number of years, this would happen fairly seamlessly. There would be cleanup of tables, but the overall formatting was good-to-go for the most part. However, when I used FM 2020, the output was radically different than it has been in the past -- the index isn't working (it's showing the Frame code used for the index markers), most of the styles in my custom .css aren't being applied (a few are ie., for body and headings), among quite a few other things. 

Previous builds have also only generated one .css, and I'd add my custom .css  tho all the files using regular expressions. Now it's auto-generating three different .css, including one that appears to be for Robohelp -- which I haven't seen in years.

-------------------------------

<link href="../../rhstylemapping.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="../LLD.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link href="../../editstyle.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
<link rel="StyleSheet" href="../../responsive_html5_!OverrideStyle!/Styles.css" type="text/css" />

--------------------------------

I've tried both overrides and not overriding this, with the same result. 

Any help or information as to why this is happening would be most appreciated!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of FM2020 are you running? Is it all patched up? The HTML5 Publisher is really RH under the hood, so that's where the RH refs are coming from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All pached-up (16.0.3). I kmow RH is behind the scenes, but what confuses me is why, after years, the output is mapping to completely differnt things and inserting not applying the custom.css , even when the styles are called out as !important.

I may try reverting to 19 and pray that works because I am totally at a loss as to how to fix in 20

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fastest way to fix it is to kill off any .css files you don't want used - if they're missing, the relevant lines referencing them in the HTML won't be effective & whatever .css IS left will be the only one working (in addition to the default browser CSS of course).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on another project today but will give this a go tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines