• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2020 - Publishing to Responsive HTLM5

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In previous versions of FM, the HTML5 output was created and the navigation was based on the TOC file setup. FM 2020 does not appear to be following this pattern. It is including a paragraph tag that I specifically assigned to exclude (and that does NOT appear in the TOC). And it is nesting everything incorrectly. Does anyone know how to control what appears in the navigation and nesting of files within that navigation?

TOPICS
Publishing , Responsive HTML5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your Settings screen look like? I thought you specified what TOC to use in there..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SER617_0-1625079377282.pngSER617_1-1625079386383.png

Are these the right sceens? I know there is an area in the lower right hand corner that says Use Template: - but I have never filled that in with a document. It always just used the TOC file from the book I was publishing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, lower left hand corner. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, even if I click the "Select" next to Use Template, I have no way of selecting a file to use. The only thing I can do in this window is click the "Selected FM Document" button but I get an error saying it has to be an .mif or .fm file.

SER617_0-1625080693920.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess not - that Template one is for running all your output through a .fm doc that maps all your paragraph & character tags. Used to be a spot where it offered to add your paginated topics to a TOC that it built. Does your existing TOC have a lot of indents to distiguish the levels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I think it does. Here is a sample. And the TOC generating in the HTML 5 includes a paragraph tag that doesn't appear in the FM TOC. I am reading about FM 2020, and it sounds like the TOC generates based strictly on font size, font weight, or indentation. I don't think what gets published has anything to do with the TOC any longer. Maybe I am wrong though...sure hope so!

SER617_0-1625082278605.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines