• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM file keeps getting corrupted FM2019 (v15.0.8.979)

Enthusiast ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to open one of our FM files, I get an 'internal error  15084 has occurred' and FM shuts down. I open the .backup file succesfully and overwrite the original file. Until the next time I try to open the file - then the error occurs again. This is starting to happen on several of our FM files. Everthing worked fine yesterday, though. I've even tried saving the .backup file as a MIF first, then overwriting the FM file. The error still occurs the next time I try to open the FM file.

Window 10

FM2019 64-bit

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Here's what I do:

1. Open the backup file.
  2. Save it as MIF
  3. Open the MIF file
  4. Save as FM Document, replacing the corrupt FM document
  5. Close document
  6. Open document 5 minutes laer
  7. Error comes up

I had this happen to half a dozen files yesterday. I ended up creating a new document from our master template, open the backup, copy the content into the new document and overwriting the 'corrupt' document. This "seem" to have fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sounds strange.

So you rename the backup file to something without "backup", do a MIF wash and then close the file. And next time you open this file, FM reports this error? You had not added any content?

Do you get this issue always, when you try to open this file? Also after a FrameMaker restart?

When you save to MIF, do you then also save the MIF back to FM to complete the MIF wash?

Can you copy the file to your local hard drive and open the file there?

Sometimes an antivirus software causes such errors. Can you deactivate your antivirus software temporarily and test, whether you still have this issue?

When all these steps do not help, I would contact support: tcssup@adobe.com

See here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what I do:

1. Open the backup file.
  2. Save it as MIF
  3. Open the MIF file
  4. Save as FM Document, replacing the corrupt FM document
  5. Close document
  6. Open document 5 minutes laer
  7. Error comes up

I had this happen to half a dozen files yesterday. I ended up creating a new document from our master template, open the backup, copy the content into the new document and overwriting the 'corrupt' document. This "seem" to have fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with network locations, excessively long paths, or version control software?

Have you renamed your preferences file to force Fm to create fresh preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All our files are stored on our network. "Excessively long paths" is relative. The current FM documents I'm having trouble with has a path that is 123 characters long - not our longest path. We don't use version control software. I'm not fond of changing config files without knowing what I'm doing - incase I turn the application inoperable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so yes, your path length is a potential culprit, as are the network locations.

You can decide on the advice regarding prefs after reading https://techcomm.tools/fm-prefs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines