• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM2019 -> FM2020, sts file incompatibility?

Contributor ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just upgraded from FM2019 to FM2020, Update 2. (Did a test earlier this year, but went back to FM2019.)

Now I have converted an old document and generated a pdf file, no problems at all.

But when I generate responsive HTML 5, the output looks terrible. The settings.sts file isn't used. Or perhaps just partly used.

FM2020 can't even open the sts file, I get an error message saying "Please save the document" when I try to open it. (It can be opened using notepad, so the file isn't locked.)

How can I use my FM2019 settings.sts file in FM2020?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where's the file located? Does it have a "custom" name to distinguish it from the "factory" settings file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the sts file has its own custom name.

However, now when you're asking, I find that FM2020 looks for it in my original FM2019 documentation folder. After switching to the new FM2020 folder, FM2020 can open the sts file. The output still looks poor.

If I now open the sts file for editing, the paragraph styles are all there, but their settings have been lost. And I can't edit them - if I click "Edit Style" nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the factory .sts files provided with FM2020 won't edit; PDFA2b for example. These also won't work in FM2019, should that back-path arise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The .sts file I'm having problems with is my own one, coming from FM2019.

(I don't demand a FM2020 .sts file to be portable to FM2019, but it would be great if I could keep using my FM2019 .sts file with FM2020.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FM2020 upgrades your old FM2019 ".sts" file, but it is always recommended to make fresh ".sts" file for a newer release.

If you still face issues, contact our support.

Thanks
Pulkit Nagpal
FM & FMS Engg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines