Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Usage FrameMaker 2019

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ladies & Gents,

I see some older posts on fonts and I'm looking for some updated guidance!

Are there better/cheaper subsitutions for Dapf Zingbats & Helvetica fonts or should I purchase? 

What do you professionals use when you need to use special charactors like a pointy finger, airplane symbols, or arrows ➣ ?

I'm just looking for some tips from the pros!

Thank you!

Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mostly use WingDings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Unicode font that supports block 27## will provide the characters you mention; most of its glyphs were pulled from the original Zapf Dingbat typeface. Arial Unicode MS supports everything, but most Unicode fonts should support at least some of this block. Source Sans Pro, which we use at my employer, supports almost all of the 2700 block and includes the ones you mention. So does Minion Pro. And, of course, the Wingdings, Wingdings2, and Wingdings3 typefaces are strictly symbols and I believe are installed with any Windows OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your responses gentleman!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines