• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frame anchoring position and alignment modified during Book update procedure

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In FrameMaker 2020, including revision 3, when a book is updated (to generate the ToC and Indexes), the position of anchored frames gets modified. The most annoying case is when the anchoring position is changed from "Run into Paragraph" to "Below Current Line". This has an important impact on the text flow; i.e. this can push titles and markers to the next page, making the ToC and/or indexes show incorrect page references. This bug does not exist in FrameMaker 2019.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

FrameMaker does not generally change any anchoring positions. I use FM 2020 since it was released, and I did not notice such an issue. And I did not hear this from others.

Could it be that you use object styles, and your applied object style changes the anchoring position of your anchored frames?

Although the Update command should not apply object styles.

Or did you import accidentally import object styles with Import Formats?

Do you notice your issue with all your books?

Do you have the latest FrameMaker update? The current version is 16.0.3.979. (You find this in Help | About.)

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wifried,

Thanks for your input. I'm working with structured FrameMaker and, yes, with the latest release of 2020. Actually, I was hoping that the bug had been fixed in release 3, because I have this problem since the initial release of 2020. Unfortunately, no such luck. With the same books and FM files in version 2019, anchored frames are not modified when updating the book. This has never occurred in any previous version of FM. I haven't been able to find any runaround. BTW, this also occurs only in FM 2020: when the anchored frame for an image has a left alignment inside a table cell, the anchor is changed to center alignment during the book update procedure.

Best regards,

Juan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juan,

I have only very little experience with structured FrameMaker. Still I doubt that this is a general problem.

My feeling is that in your structure/template the anchored frames are set to Below Current Line. And the book update applies this setting.

Could you check this?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have encountered the same bug with 2020 16.0.3.979. Has anyone reported this as a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Yes, I have reported it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post the link to the bug report and I will upvote it and make some noise with the Adobe team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again. Here's the link:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-10816

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new unstructured book with a file with an anchored frame with anchoring position Run into Paragraph. (I used just the FrameMaker default templates.)

Additionally TOC and index.

When I update the book, the anchoring position is not changed.

At least this is not sufficient to get your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to me in a structured FrameMaker document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Winfried,

I have placed a small book and a structured FM file (DITA-based) in the following link, so you can see the bug doing its thing when you update the book:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TpV3UgV9sClKHmF9yZiLT--NJ6krQ1Yn/view?usp=sharing

Just make sure to see the content of the FM file before you run the book update procedure.

Regards,

Juan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When this issue is only in structured books, you should mention it in a comment to your description in Adobe Tracker.

You could also upload your demo files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines