Copy link to clipboard
In FrameMaker 2020, including revision 3, when a book is updated (to generate the ToC and Indexes), the position of anchored frames gets modified. The most annoying case is when the anchoring position is changed from "Run into Paragraph" to "Below Current Line". This has an important impact on the text flow; i.e. this can push titles and markers to the next page, making the ToC and/or indexes show incorrect page references. This bug does not exist in FrameMaker 2019.
Copy link to clipboard
FrameMaker does not generally change any anchoring positions. I use FM 2020 since it was released, and I did not notice such an issue. And I did not hear this from others.
Could it be that you use object styles, and your applied object style changes the anchoring position of your anchored frames?
Although the Update command should not apply object styles.
Or did you import accidentally import object styles with Import Formats?
Do you notice your issue with all your books?
Do you have the latest FrameMaker update? The current version is 126.96.36.1999. (You find this in Help | About.)
Thanks for your input. I'm working with structured FrameMaker and, yes, with the latest release of 2020. Actually, I was hoping that the bug had been fixed in release 3, because I have this problem since the initial release of 2020. Unfortunately, no such luck. With the same books and FM files in version 2019, anchored frames are not modified when updating the book. This has never occurred in any previous version of FM. I haven't been able to find any runaround. BTW, this also occurs only in FM 2020: when the anchored frame for an image has a left alignment inside a table cell, the anchor is changed to center alignment during the book update procedure.
I have only very little experience with structured FrameMaker. Still I doubt that this is a general problem.
My feeling is that in your structure/template the anchored frames are set to Below Current Line. And the book update applies this setting.
Could you check this?
I have encountered the same bug with 2020 188.8.131.529. Has anyone reported this as a bug?
Post the link to the bug report and I will upvote it and make some noise with the Adobe team.
I created a new unstructured book with a file with an anchored frame with anchoring position Run into Paragraph. (I used just the FrameMaker default templates.)
Additionally TOC and index.
When I update the book, the anchoring position is not changed.
At least this is not sufficient to get your issue.
It happens to me in a structured FrameMaker document.
I have placed a small book and a structured FM file (DITA-based) in the following link, so you can see the bug doing its thing when you update the book:
Just make sure to see the content of the FM file before you run the book update procedure.
When this issue is only in structured books, you should mention it in a comment to your description in Adobe Tracker.
You could also upload your demo files.