• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 11 and 12 on a single PC

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Is it possible to install and use FrameMaker 11 as well as FrameMaker 12 on a single PC?
  2. If yes, are there any prerequisites and known issues in doing so?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's no problem using several versions of FrameMaker on the same computer. I've had versions 8, 9, 10 and 2015 sitting on the same PC without any issues, however, these are the common caveats:

• If you've got a full version of Acrobat Pro installed, do not install the PDF printer instance coming with FrameMaker
  • When uninstalling a version of FrameMaker later, it's possible that the uninstaller messes up the registry. I've just had this happen when uninstalling FM9, my 2015 version wouldn't launch due to missing registry entries. This can be fixed, though, my 2015 version is running again.

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other gotcha with multiple versions installed is Windows knowing what application to launch if you open a .fm or .book file directly. Generally, it will be whatever version was installed last, but this can get screwed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your prompt responses!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines