• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 12 UI is unusable on my laptop's screen but OK on an external monitor

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use FrameMaker 12 on my laptop with an external monitor, it looks great. But if I use it on my laptop's screen it's unusable. Menus and icons are too small, some UI elements are missing or drawn incorrectly, and some dialogs don't appear after I select a command. The documents' contents look fine. It's just the FrameMaker UI elements that look wrong. And yes, I've tried Control-L.  Any idea what the problem could be?

FWIW, I'm using a Dell Inspiron 15 (7537, Mid 2013) running Windows 8.1 with FrameMaker 12.0.3.424 with the unstructured interface. Here's a picture of what the UI looks like:

FrameMaker.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a specific monitor size specified in your Preferences? If so, just delete the value and FM will autoscale.

Also, you can can create custom workspaces for the laptop vs monitor scenarios so that layouts are optimized for each environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but I'm not specifying a monitor size in Preference. If I do, it makes the UI even smaller. But even if I choose "Default," the UI is too small with lots of glitches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What resolution is your laptop screen and are you using the small or large icon set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2014 Oct 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried using FrameMaker on my laptop this morning and now it looks OK. Thanks! Maybe I needed to restart my computer after setting the Monitor Size to Default?

FWIW, the laptop screen size is 1920 x 1080, and the icons are regular size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I starting having the same problem yesterday, and I had been on the same monitor. Have you figured out a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines