• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2019 Resources Splash Page incorrect

Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to findout what causes this and how can i mitigate such errors. Any Ideas? I'm not the only one with this problem...

Screenshot 2022-02-23 114230.png

 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

There's several threads out there with the issue - the easiest way is to just follow this one & turn it off - https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker-discussions/framemaker-2020-can-t-get-rid-of-welcome-screen/m-p/11565221#M68079

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

You can also edit the welcome.htm screen to take out a line -
Klaus found this:

"By experiments I found that the culprit must be here:

<h5><span id="DITA_Standard">(DITA-1.2)</span> <a id="FM_DITA_OPTIONS" href="http://fm-welcomescreen/?cmd=newxml-dita-options" class="">Change DITA Version</a></h5>

Wrapping this as XMl comment lets the Welcome screen work again.

Just using the context function menu Back does not provide a screen with the favourites/last used files which is cumbersome."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

For some reason, that didn't seem to work for me... alternatively, when I see this screen, I inadvertently held down the [Shift] key and used the mouse wheel to scroll down one click and the whole page rezoomed to it's original intended state... why? I don't know, but all the functionality returned... weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's several threads out there with the issue - the easiest way is to just follow this one & turn it off - https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker-discussions/framemaker-2020-can-t-get-rid-of-welcome-scree...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply, but is there a way to just bring it back to its original, not out-of-scale state? I have users that still want to have certain parts of this splash screen accessible at that level... just curious if simply removing the screen altogether is the only solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also edit the welcome.htm screen to take out a line -
Klaus found this:

"By experiments I found that the culprit must be here:

<h5><span id="DITA_Standard">(DITA-1.2)</span> <a id="FM_DITA_OPTIONS" href="http://fm-welcomescreen/?cmd=newxml-dita-options" class="">Change DITA Version</a></h5>

Wrapping this as XMl comment lets the Welcome screen work again.

Just using the context function menu Back does not provide a screen with the favourites/last used files which is cumbersome."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, that didn't seem to work for me... alternatively, when I see this screen, I inadvertently held down the [Shift] key and used the mouse wheel to scroll down one click and the whole page rezoomed to it's original intended state... why? I don't know, but all the functionality returned... weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-02-23 181619.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I think that the Welcome page is being displayed using IE11, so you may have stumbled into something with a browser zoom control that fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines