• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker 2019 - SVG Cut Off

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When we import an SVG into FrameMaker 2019, any text strings or objects close the the edge of the image are cut off.

Usually along the top and right side of the image.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a fix?

We are using Corel Designer x15

trimmed.JPG

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering , PDF output , Publishing , Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to make a bounding box around the graphic. A box with no stroke or fill and the export the entire thing to svg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have successfully created FM books that have several hundred SVG files and it works well every time.

Here is our workflow:

1. Go to the location on the FM page where you want to insert the SVG.
  2. Create and apply a paragraph style that enforces the image alignment.  We like our images in the center of the page and hence we have a paragraph style called Centered whose only effect is to center align the cursor at that spot.
  3. Insert > Image [Select the image]. Please note that an anchored frame surrounds the image.
  4. Resize the image and the frame: Carefully select the anchored frame or the image contained therein > Right-click > Object Properties > Size.
  5. Fit the image to frame or vice-versa: Right-click the anchored frame or the image > Fit to Image or Fit to Frame. 

Hope this works for you. Let me know if you need any further help.

Regards

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi apuwdm2,

I do not think that this issue is related to the anchored frame, but to the SVG graphics file. I had this issue as well.

I had used the same approach as StudioSM: an invisible rectangle around my graphics content.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Germaster1965,

I remember this issue as well, and I also have FM 2019 and Corel Designer, but 2019. Meanwhile this issue seems to be fixed. However, I do not know when and on which side this was fixed. My impression is that I have much less issues with SVG graphics now.

Do you have the latest FrameMaker update 15.0.5.838?

Can you download a test version of the latest Corel Designer? That's in CorelDRAW Technical Suite 2019. (CorelDraw 2020 came out recently. The Technical Suite 2020 will probably come out soon.)

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Winfried,

Thanks for the reply.

We do have the latest version of FM. However, we don't have the latest version of Corel Designer. I guess our main issue, is that we have thousands of SVGs that are being clipped. I'd rather not re-export all of them,

Something I should've mentioned....When we export our illustration, we select all objects before we export to SVG in Designer. We noticed if we didn't select anything and exported based on the page size, the issue goes away.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines