Exit

FrameMaker adds empty href attribute when keyref is used

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

DITA 1.3

We noticed that in existing topics, where a keyref to an image is defined, FrameMaker unsollicited adds an empty href attribute (href=""). FrameMaker itself doesn't seem to bother about it, but we process the XML using other tools as well and the processing breaks because of the empty href attributes.

1. why is this added?

2. anything we can do to avoid FM adding empty href attributes?

Thanks,

Wim.

TOPICS
Structured , XML author

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Hi @idtp @martin5FC3,

The issue has been fixed in FM2020 Update 3 Pre-Release Drop 2. From now, empty href won't be inserted if keyref to image is defined.

Request you to try out on that build and share your observations.

Thanks,

Kunal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Wim, 

I understand your concern and can look into this as an improvement, I suggest you to mark an improvement request at https://tracker.adobe.com/, We will prioritize it accordingly.
I would also like to understand more about workflow, You can reply here,  DM me or drop me an email at punagpal@adobe.com.

Further, you can run a small script or simply find a change  for removing these empty href as a workaround right now.

Thanks
Pulkit Nagpal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pulkit,

I added the improvement request at https://tracker.adobe.com/ - but strange thing is that it doesn't let me choose FM2020, the list of FM versions stops at 2017.

Anyway. Workflow is simple. We created those documents outside Framemaker, already a while ago. Our client opens them in FM and FM immediately adds the empty href, even they don't edit anything. Next step in the workflow is that the client does a review and their review tool gives an error on the empty href attribute. So we need a solution on both sides and I hope you can make FM avoid adding this attribute.

Note: we had the same issue with the dita-fmx plugin of Leximation (Scott Prentice) and he changed the software, so no empty href is added anymore using dita-fmx.

Our current client is using native FM however, so we need a solution from you as well .....! 

Thanks,

Wim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Wim, 

I was able to choose FM2020 on https://tracker.adobe.com/ , Kindly see the below screenshot but anyway we got your issue with ref:- 9940 and marked the correct fix version, will prioritize .

pulkitn_0-1619514051867.png

Thanks
Pulkit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pulkit,

Thanks for that. Please keep me posted on when this improvement will be available in the FM build.

Wim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is there any news on this?

Thanks,

Wim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Wim,

This is currently marked for the future update(U4), If bandwidth allows, we will try to accommodate it in an upcoming update(U3).

Thanks 
Pulkit Nagpal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you please let us know if the coming or latest update has this fixed?
We need to remove the href"" manually every time we open a dita topic.
Update would be highly appreciated....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Thanks for reaching out to us. I have checked with the product team and they are aware of the issue and will schedule a fix in one of the upcoming updates. We have got this issue in the tracker with Ref  9940.

I will post an update on this thread as I learn more.

Thanks,

Lata

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @idtp ,

Hope you are doing good.

We will be fixing the empty href attribute behaviour for images only as part of next update.

It would be great if you could give info on the additional workflows where the behaviour is observed.

Thanks,
Kunal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @idtp @martin5FC3,

The issue has been fixed in FM2020 Update 3 Pre-Release Drop 2. From now, empty href won't be inserted if keyref to image is defined.

Request you to try out on that build and share your observations.

Thanks,

Kunal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!
Will try and let you know.

gr

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fyi:
We tested for a couple of weeks now, and it isn't an issue anymore.
Thanks very much for the change,

Regards,

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines