• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker: Listed Numbers Serif Font, Text is Sans Serif?

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why, after HTML5 output, my listed numbers are serif but all my text is sans serif? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

The reason your numbers are in Sans Serif is because the default CSS doesn't specify a base font.

(Yes, it would be nice if Adobe fixed this. I've requested this previously at adobe.com/go/wish, and you should do the same)

You can add either a body or html entry that specifies the font you want to use in your base css to remedy this.

More complete instructions on this are in the Manage CSS section in my post at

https://techcommtools.com/formatting-branding-html5-content-framemaker-2015/

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason your numbers are in Sans Serif is because the default CSS doesn't specify a base font.

(Yes, it would be nice if Adobe fixed this. I've requested this previously at adobe.com/go/wish, and you should do the same)

You can add either a body or html entry that specifies the font you want to use in your base css to remedy this.

More complete instructions on this are in the Manage CSS section in my post at

https://techcommtools.com/formatting-branding-html5-content-framemaker-2015/

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Matt, I'll try adding a html or body entry to my base css and see if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I look at the source in my HTML5 output for am FM file that is  part of a book, I see that it's referencing several different stylesheets: rhstylemapping.css, one that is dedicated the particular file in my book, Styles css (in the responsive_html5_!OverrideStyle! folder, and editstyle.css.

How do I ensure that there is only one stylesheet for the whole book?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that all your CSS is in one referenced CSS file and then just delete all the others - there will still be references to them in the HTML5 code, but if they don't exist, they are ignored. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your swift response! I will give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Publisher is ignoring the CSS file that I imported, and instead uses the rhstylemapping.css, one that is dedicated the particular file in my book, and editstyle.css. It is NOT using the combined style sheet I created.

Is there something I'm missing? Output settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If rhstylemapping.css is the first one referenced in the published HTML5 output, make sure you've copied the contents of any other CSS files referenced into that rhstylemapping.css (use Notepad) & then delete the other CSS files from the published output. That way you'll have 1 file being referenced that actually exists and several others that don't (and therefore won't be used).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll want to ensure your Fm styles are mapped to CSS styles via Publish pod, and then export your rhstylemapping.css, edit, then reimport it.

Any unmapped styles will have the FM_ prefix in the html, and the properties of your FrameMaker style will be (loosely) stored in a CSS that's saved on the fly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I should move this thread?

I am still getting multiple css file outputs. For testing purposes, I am publishing just a single FM file from my book. I deleted all but the custom css but they are still referenced in the Frame Source code.

Having contacted TechSupport, it appears that I must import my custom CSS file into Publisher settings using the Manage Style feature, and indicate that it is also an override style sheet.

Also FM V2020 is "missing" the Combine Stylesheets feature. I'm afraid that Adobe is having significant growing pains. And, I wonder how well the FrameMaker engineers are communicating with the RoboHelp engineers?

Also, do the CSS files belong in the source content folder, or in the output folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A new thread is probably a good idea. This one is from 2018, so if your problem isn't related to serif fonts in numbered lists, it'll be easier to understand in a new thread.

* For anyone finding this message, I believe mapping the para styles to CSS is one of the main issues CaptLauren is having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines