• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FrameMaker not splitting into topics when publishing to Responsive HTML5

Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. When I publish to Resposive HTML5, all of my topics (headings) appear on one single (long) page. In the Settings File under Style Mapping I have "Split into topics based on this style" checked but they are still all showing up on one single page. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of FM are you running? Always start with that. Are you all patched up? Check Help > Updates to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am running FrameMaker 2020 version 16.0.4.1062. I checked for updates and it says the app is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What paragraph tag are you splitting on? Is it just one .fm doc or is it inside a book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am splitting on 1 Heading Top (This paragraph tag is also set to start at the top of every page in the fm doc). The .fm doc is part of a book but I also tried publishing the help from just the fm doc and the topics still all run together. The strange thing is I have published this doc/book before and it worked fine. I just can't figure out what has changed or what I am doing different (or wrong) this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, all I can suggest is that you try creating a new Settings file and try using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you generating from a file, or from a book? 

I find that generating from a book, with a TOC is more predictable, especially in how the bookmarks are generated.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Matt. I am generating from a book with a TOC. The TOC in the Help file looks great. It's just that all the topics (instructions and images) are displayed together in one long page. Right now, I am trying to add Page Break Markers to see if that will break up the topics to display on individual pages.

I've never had this problem before, so I am really stumped as to why it is happening or how to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I'm also trying to create Responsive HTML5 output "Publish"ed from Framemaker. 

So this is the first time I've tried this type of output.

I'm starting with the one file (FM2020 version 16.0.4.1062).

I setup the para styles, as I needed, throwing away what I don't need and mapping. Each change took fine except for the "Split into Topics based on this sytle". It's not creating the new topics, but gives me one long page for the entire chatper. button is not working. It seems like a bug. Maybe someone knows how to override this problem manually ? via the CSS or other type of file, from whatever files are generated by the Publish operation? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested this with one of my regular books.

For some of the "higher" headings (heading1, heading2, heading3) I activated "Split into topics based on this style".

Everything fine. New topics with each of these paragraphs.

What else do you have activated ot not activated?

I also have FM 16.0.4.1062.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Winfried, 

I don't have anything special activated. 

I map the style into itself. I'm not importing any CSS. It's a simple file.

I have most of the settings at their defaults - "out of the box" except for the tags I dismissed. Most of the other tags are set to themselves. I dismissed the AutoNumbering too. 

For bullets, I left the autonumbering on, and it uses some type of Wingding icon followed by tab. So that translates well.

The figures and titles for them come in exactly as I would expect. 

I can't figure out what else to change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Orly5E82 Is your .fm file in a .book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes - why would that matter? I'll try it as not part of a book and let you know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saved the file with a different name, not part of book. Still not splitting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when you create a new book with new dummy files and the default settings file?

And then only activate this option for one of the heading paragraph formats.

Does this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And do let everyone know what was the issue was after the FM folks look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it has to be in a book for it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI - it didn't work in a book either  - the dummy file.

It must be something simple, if it works fine for your files and not mine.

Thanks, I'll let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

You can contact support at "https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker"

If things are not fixed , You can escalate to  me / engineering team  ( email private messaged ) or log ticket at https://tracker.adobe.com/

-Pulkit Nagpal

-FM & FMS Engg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks to the Adobe team - problem was solved: 
The problem was becuase the headings started with a number i.e. 1Heading, 2Heading etc. 

Either changing the heading names, or using a newer FM version - solves this problem.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

«Either changing the heading names» I use this scheme since FM-4 to be able to easily assign it via F9 - wo what?

«or using a newer FM version ...» - how? If the current version is 16.0.4.1062 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

beta version of FM2022 from Adobe, first drop - haven't tried the second drop yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, it works with file from FM2020. I'm apparently running version 16.0.0.754.

Robohelp (v2020.0.156), however, is not cooperating...not splitting for these heading tags(for the imported same FM file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines