• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anyone seen this conditional text error: Show/Hide setting is inconsistent?

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I generate my book file, I get the following error in the log:

Show/Hide setting for Hidden is inconsistent.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to troubleshoot and fix this?

thanks,

Janie Gulley

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

FrameMaker assumes that when you output a book, you would want conditional text to be shown the same way across all documents in the book. It warns you if this is not so.

"Show/Hide setting for Hidden is inconsistent" means that the Hidden condition is not configured identically throughout your book. For example, it might be shown in some documents but hidden in others, or using a red Condition Indicator in some documents but blue in others.

To fix this:

1. Choose a document in your book where the con

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have a file in your book that doesn’t have the condition “Hidden” present, so when you try to apply rules about showing or hiding it across the book, the message appears. Usually it has no impact on your final product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ir you have the condition Hidden defined in several files, but the show/hide (or other) settings are different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FrameMaker assumes that when you output a book, you would want conditional text to be shown the same way across all documents in the book. It warns you if this is not so.

"Show/Hide setting for Hidden is inconsistent" means that the Hidden condition is not configured identically throughout your book. For example, it might be shown in some documents but hidden in others, or using a red Condition Indicator in some documents but blue in others.

To fix this:

1. Choose a document in your book where the conditional text settings are correct, and open it.
  2. Click on the book, and type Ctrl-A to select all documents in it.
  3. Choose File > Import > Formats. The Import Formats dialog appears:
    1. Click Deselect All.
    2. Check the Conditional Text Settings box.
    3. Click Import.

All documents in your book now have the same Conditional Text settings as your chosen document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wanted to hit the like button on your post.  Adobe made me go through 2 step identification/verification just to do that, so I decided to reply about that annoyance.  Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines