• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi Frame Users

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to save any edits to my reference pages.

I have the online subscription and the latest version of FrameMaker Structured installed and can compile pdfs just fine but when I try to add icons to the reference page it doesn't take.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Myko

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

When you open an XML file, FrameMaker uses the template that you specify in your structured application. So any changes you make to the resulting FrameMaker file does not get saved. You have to update the FrameMaker template that is being used when you open the XML file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've verified that you have rights to the file (and that the file is local to your machine)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In unstructured mode, I'd expect that if one can add/modify/save anything about an open document, they can do so for almost everything in the document Body, Master & Reference pages. Exceptions would include the content of Text Insets & the like.

Structured might be a different story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure that the file is on my pc. Where should it be located? I will make sure.

thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bob said: When you can edit something anywhere (e.g. text on body pages, formatting) and you can save the file with these edits, then you should also be able to save after you edited something on reference pages.

Then it will not matter, if the files are on a network or local.

Can you edit something on the reference pages, and before you save or close the file open the reference pages again. Are these edits still there?

Are all your files affected or only specific ones?

What do you exactly edit on the reference pages?

What's your FrameMaker version (Help menu, About)?

Is this issue still there, when you restart FrameMaker?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Winfried,

If I open an xml file and view the ref page for that file, I can edit it. The edit I was trying was to add a thumbnail sized graphic for the element "note" so if it is a caution or a warning the proper icon would appear. It works until I close the xml and try to open it again. Frame version 16.0.4.1062

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you open an XML file, FrameMaker uses the template that you specify in your structured application. So any changes you make to the resulting FrameMaker file does not get saved. You have to update the FrameMaker template that is being used when you open the XML file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines