• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I prevent dashed lines from printing in PDF with tiny hooks?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need dashed lines in a table, so I have inserted them using the graphics tool and drawing dashed lines where I want them.  They look fine in FrameMaker, but when I print a PDF version, the dashes have tiny downward "hooks" at the beginning of each dash.  How can I prevent this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horizontal, vertical, diagonal?

In single cells or spanning cells?

What Line End style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horizontal; one spans two cells, the others just one; line end style is "no arrow."

It doesn't show up on a printed hard copy, just in the electronic PDF version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

re: Horizontal; one spans two cells, the others just one; line end style is "no arrow."

You might try the rounded end style.

re: It doesn't show up on a printed hard copy, just in the electronic PDF version.

Just in Adobe Reader, or in all PDF readers (try the one in your phone)? This may actually be a client (reader/viewer) problem, and not something FM is doing, much like the stray lines when raster has odd pixel count in a line.

Worst case: if the lines required are all the same length, or a small number of variants, you could create them externally in a vector editor, and import them on top of the table at SVG or EPS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines