• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I select and delete a drawn graphic after it has been saved in the document?

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Frame 12, I drew an oval shape to circle some text, and moved it to back so the text would show. When I no longer needed it, I did Ctrl Z to undo it. Then I went back to adding text saving along the way. I printed out my doc and saw remnants of the oval shape. Apparently I did not erase the oval in its entirety. Now I can't "grab" or select the object/graphic to delete it. Any idea how I can select the oval for deletion? Since I moved it to back, is it hidden forever?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ctrl-click on whatever is in front and send that to the back. You should then be able to select your oval and delete it. If you still can't select it, then keep sending objects in front to back until you get to it.

Visualize a stack of plates. Keep moving the top one to the bottom until you get to the plate that you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Arnis, problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to Arnis' useful advice, there's also some chance that you might have to Ungroup some elements if what you select turns out to be more than just the oval.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob, problem solved!

Sally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have a problem like yours, I create a large rectangle selection starting outside of the text frame.

Just click outside the text frame, keep the mouse button pressed and draw a rectangle which also comprises your oval but not the whole text frame. This should select your oval. (If there are other objects behind the text frame, these would be selected as well.)

Then press Delete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much Winfriend, problem solved! The frame caught the nodes so I could delete the oval shape!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines