Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I reset the HTML options

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Something that I messed with in the HTML options in FrameMaker 2015 is causing there to be no hyperlinks in the output. It was working, not it's not. How can I reset this to it's defaults?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heather:

I don't have 2015 installed anymore so grabbing this from the online help:

Screen Shot 2019-03-19 at 8.27.24 AM.png

Configure publish settings

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019-03-20_08-25-52.jpg2019-03-20_08-25-59.jpg

HTML, not HTML5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Heather,

you can go to View > Reference Pages and check for the reference pages named “HTML.” There you will find all the definitions in several tables.

Make a copy of your FrameMaker document as a backup first, then delete the reference pages names “HTML” or create a blank new document and import the reference pages from there or copy & paste the tables from there. Then revisit the dialog.

Is there a specific use case why you are using this old process and not HTML5 output?

Also, in the Publish pod you can also publish to plain XHMTL 1.0 which gives much better results than the old save as HTML process.

Kind regards,

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stefan,

Yes, I have a use case for using the old HTML. That really should be obvious. I'm not doing it for fun.

Thank you for the instructions. It's very helpful, since no one in their right mind would think of the steps that are required in this application to accomplish such things. I sometimes feel that the old unix command line applications were 20 times simpler than even the most modern version of FrameMaker. The draw-back of any GUI-based application is that you're limited by what the programmers offer you in the GUI, and one often has the impression that the devs don't use their own applications.

I assume you mean using the Web Help? The one whose table of contents has the Foreword as the only initial folder, and has nested everything else inside of that? I don't have my front cover, yet, and the Foreword is the first thing in the ToC, but the front cover won't appear there either. I'm frankly tired of messing with FM. I want my RoboHelp back. I have no use case that requires FM. It's just one of those, "That's what we've always used" type of things.

Publishing Options.jpg

We're going to look at using ePub instead (we'll see if that pans-out, and how that handles), but having set anything in the HTML settings not only messed up the links, but also causes FM to constantly ask me to add styles that I don't want in my documents. It's highly annoying.

Cheers!

Heather Ceana Craig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IIRC if you're looking for the old plain HTML output from FM, you aren't going through the Publish panel at all - just Save As I believe. What Stefan was referring to is the FM2019 "plain" HTML output (which is XHTML 1.0 format) which IS generated through the Publish route. Usually use cases for the old HTML plain output were for workflows that took that output and did something further with it with another tool.

BTW - the Publish workings inside FM are really RH under the hood without all the controls exposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines