• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to fix unresolved Cross-references?

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Framemaker book that gives numerous Unresolved cross-reference error messages when I try to create a TOC.  The errors appear to be related to figure numbers where I inserted images.

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual reason for this is that not all the files in the book are open when you run your regeneration. A secondary reason could be that the file is open but the xref is hidden by a condition tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, linsims.  Such a simple fix, but I had no way to know that the files needed to be open! Now, I get no errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kenneth:

Do you still get the unresolved cross-reference message when you open the files? If so, the problem still needs to be addressed. A book and TOC should be able to update with all files closed—opening them is a work-around to deal with issues that you haven't taken care of yet.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines