• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move the content of anchored frames into the generated structured document

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm exploring the way from unstructured FM document which is made according to the requirements of the publisher to XML file adequate to the predefined dtd.

So I've built the EDD, convertion table, r/w rules, another dtd for "save as xml", xslt transformation file, structured application definition.

When there are figures or tables in the source doc, I place them in separate anchored frames. After "Structure current document" command the content of these frames appear structured in other flows.

How can I insert them (not manually) to the main structure?

Appreciate any constructive input.

TOPICS
Structured , XML author

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Thank you for the time and good will for the investigating of the problem.

I've realised that moving to the flow where the table is I can save it separately to xml file. After that I think I will be able to insert it into the resulting xml by some instruments in xslt file (not implemented yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean when you say "separate anchored frames"? Tables and anchored frames are usually anchored to the normal text flow so that they flow with the content. Are yours in frames outside of the main text flow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My tables and figures should be disposed in the definite places on the page (at the top, at the outer of 2 columns, if they are small). So I insert a frame where I need to get the figure, then insert there a text frame and a one-cell table with a title below the table, and then place there my figure and its caption.

In structured file I see a mediaobject that corresponds to the anchored frame but the content of it is in another flow. I need to put the name of source figure file as an attribute of the xml element, and this mediaobject doesn't contain it. It contains only the size of the anchored frame itself. I am to reach the real description of my graphic object with its name, dimensions and dpi. I managed to get this description thanks to the help I've received here, in forum, some time ago.

If I click the figure I see its presentation in structured view but in another flow.

What should be changed in this algorythm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will have to see your document to understand what you are doing. Contact me off list if you want to meet. Thanks.

rick at frameexpert dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the time and good will for the investigating of the problem.

I've realised that moving to the flow where the table is I can save it separately to xml file. After that I think I will be able to insert it into the resulting xml by some instruments in xslt file (not implemented yet).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines