• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlink Text Over a inserted .Ai File not working properly when PDF

Participant ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I incorpoated a .ai cover photo into my framemaker document. I tryed to save the .ai file as pdf and import the pdf directly into framemaker. as well as copy and pasting the pdf into a new document and resaving the .ai file. 3-4 of the clickable buttons do not work. a large portion or all of the buttons are not clickable when the document is saved as a pdf. Everything from the maintenance pushbutton adn below do not function as designed. i cannot come up with a different work around for the issue. This is a non-structured document.example for adobe help.png

TOPICS
Content migration , PDF output , Publishing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

I'm guessing it's a semantics thing...I can take a quick look at the file if you can dm me your email address or a Dropbox link to the file (Please don't post your email address in this post, to avoid being spammed)

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

beau5CC8_0-1645738120347.png

They are all assigned jump to page number _. Correctly. The links work as designed in framemaker. They start to not function correctly only when pdf.Comapny logo whited for privacy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To reconfirm, do the links all point to locations within a single PDF?

Since you only have perhaps 9 destinations, have you considered using FrameMaker's Hotspot Tool (directly below the Graphic Frame tool (the 8th tool shown below, with the Place a Graphic Frame tool tip) to create hotspots in FrameMaker?

MattSTechCommTools_0-1645740087488.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

they do all point to places within the same framemaker document/PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that the imported graphic has transparency which overlaps (top right area) the buttons? AFAIK the buttons must be on top to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And how were the links created? Using the Hotspot functionality, or using text frames that contain hypertext markers?

Have you tried both methods?

Are any named destinations in markers used free of special characters and whitespace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are created using text frames with hyperlink jump to page command. I dont use hotspots and i am having a hard time assigning my desired headers with a marker to use the hotspot. i can try this meathod but might need a tutorial to figure out how to assign the marker to the hotspot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing it's a semantics thing...I can take a quick look at the file if you can dm me your email address or a Dropbox link to the file (Please don't post your email address in this post, to avoid being spammed)

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i understand the basic of how to hotspot, but i cant get my markers to appear when in the hotspot display. i can try on this meathod. In regards to the text frames they are brought to front above the .ai file import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i created the .ai file nothing overlaps and all images are cropped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I didn't see anything marked as correct yet; did you get this resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines