Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hyperlinks not working in TOC

Participant ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have generated a TOC for the book, but the hyperlinks are not working for some chapters. These are chapters I have changed the file name. I created another book but they don't work either.

DanielaBarros_1-1628108085686.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update the book to regenerate the TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated from 'Edit - Update book' but still not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do these hyperlinks work, if you open the target file first?

Are also other files in the same folder of the target files? Do these work? Is there anything special with the file name? Is the path with the file name too long?

Do they work, when you move them into the folder of the other files (of course you have to re-insert them in your book)?

In the book file in the context menu of the files there is a command Open Containing Folder. This opens the folder in your file manager. Does this work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone for the answers. After some tries, I created a new folder from scratch and it worked. o/

As there were changes on just some sections of the book, I added a version number to the end of the file. Lesson learned: I will always try to keep the same file names in the book. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, how did you "change" the file name? From within FM or out in File Explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was on the file explorer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you change file names via your file manager, then FrameMaker will not know that you changed something.

You have to do this in the FrameMaker book. Then FrameMaker can adjust all links in the files of this book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines