• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I was unable to print postscript as a PDF file using FrameMaker 2015.

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to Windows Version 1803, OS Build 17134.1, I was unable to print postscript as a PDF file using FrameMaker 2015 (File > Print).

Please help me.

TOPICS
PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Thank you very much...Amitoj​

Now I can able to print postscript as a PDF file using FrameMaker 2015.

FrameMaker cannot generate PDF after Windows 10 April update (1803)

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us the File > Print dialog box settings?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Puriwatt:

The only thing that looks odd is where you are saving the .ps file—it looks like you are putting into the Fr 2015 application folder. What happens when you save it elsewhere—perhaps to your desktop, project folder or Documents folder?

~Barb

pastedImage_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally, I would print onto the work folder, but the picture shown was for example only. Regardless of the target, there would be an error anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens after the update to Windows 10 version 1803. Would be nice to get information on whether Adobe plans to fix this or if Microsoft is to be blamed (and will offer a fix). My fear is that Adobe would not offer a fix for FrameMaker 2015, but I don't know how probable it is to hope for a regression fix from Microsoft.

One possible workaround is to File > Save as PDF and switch to CMYK, see Frame 2017 cannot print to PDF or PS or Printer as of April 6, 2018 . But this takes way longer for the PDF generation and all colors are wrong when viewed on a Monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our client specifies that we print through .ps into PDF/X-1a.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are numerous reports of the Win10 build 1803 messing up PDF production - the only thing that fixes it is to roll back the Win10 update. I would open a ticket with Adobe and post it here so that we can up-vote it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To confirm that it's not your PDF Settings file, are you able to produce the .ps when using the Standard or High Quality print settings?

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, we could not produce .ps whether using preset job options or new ones we made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Frame 2017 cannot print to PDF or PS or Printer as of April 6, 2018 and http://groups.google.com/group/frameusers-de/t/4b4bfb8e6a233839 :FM Fehler nach WIN 10 Update 1803, Systembuild 17134.1: Kein Drucker funktioniert mehr!

The problem obviously is with this last Windows-10 update!

Klaus Daube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

Just to update you on the issue with Win 10, version 1803.

With Win 10 (1803)

1. File -> Save as PDF , RGB option selected is not working

2. File -> Save as PDF, CMYK option selected is working

3. File -> Print option is not working.

We have isolated the cause of problem and it is related to "Printer Escape Function" which seems broken with version 1803. We have reported on this issue to Microsoft and working with our Partners team to get this resolved as soon as possible. In the interim, only workaround would be to move back to 1709 version of Windows 10.

We will keep everyone updated as we hear back from Microsoft Team

Regards

Amitoj Singh

Product Manager , Adobe Technical Communication Tools

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have isolated the cause of problem and it is related to "Printer Escape Function" which seems broken with version 1803. We have reported on this issue to Microsoft and working with our Partners team to get this resolved as soon as possible. In the interim, only workaround would be to move back to 1709 version of Windows 10.

Is there any news on this?

I just found out that Microsoft deletes my Windows.old folder after a certain amount of time (10 days?) so I can no longer roll back to the previous version. That means I can not export my manual as PDF. In other words, I am hosed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't there a System Restore function that preserves your files, but turns back time on any installed programs? (haven't used it myself, so I could be imagining it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I have read (e.g., How to Enable System Restore (and Repair System Problems) on Windows 10) Windows 10 disables System Restore by default.

It is enabled on my system (I may have enabled it intentionally at some point) and I have two restore points. One appears to be just before Windows Update 1803, so that may work for me (although I worry about System Restore and Windows Update not playing well together).

Still I would like to know if there is any progress on fixing the underlying problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any news on this problem. This is a rather fundemental issue which surely could be fixed fairly easily.

Who is tackling the problem. Adobe or MS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much...Amitoj​

Now I can able to print postscript as a PDF file using FrameMaker 2015.

FrameMaker cannot generate PDF after Windows 10 April update (1803)

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines