• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

including QR code in document

Advisor ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A certification lab has requested that we add a QR code to a .pdf, alongside the familiar hyperlink. I have to admit I don't know where to start!

Well, perhaps not quite that bad: I know how to place a graphic, but are there any tips or recommendations I need to be aware of when generating the QR code? Recommendations on a reliable place/way to do this would also help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Hi,

You can generate a graphics with a QR code in FrameMaker: Insert | Generate QR Code

Just enter the name of the PNG file which you want to create and the URL which the QR code should encode.

This is also described in the online help:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/using-framemaker/user-guide/frm_graphics_gr-topic_graphics-qrcodes.html

And of course you can create a graphics with other graphics applications like CorelDraw, Corel Designer and I assume also with Illustrator of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can generate a graphics with a QR code in FrameMaker: Insert | Generate QR Code

Just enter the name of the PNG file which you want to create and the URL which the QR code should encode.

This is also described in the online help:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/using-framemaker/user-guide/frm_graphics_gr-topic_grap...

And of course you can create a graphics with other graphics applications like CorelDraw, Corel Designer and I assume also with Illustrator of freeware applications.

I would put the QR code as small as possible next to the footer.

Or on the title page or back page.

Print this out and test whether this works!

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

d'uh … looking for something else, and I now discover a handy command "Generate QR code" in the Insert menu. Time to investigate :-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't needed to do this since back before FM had the feature (and then used one of the many freebie sites that can generate QR), but here's a tip that might apply regardless of how generated.

Generate the QR at the lowest resolution offered (ideally one pixel per QR pixel). Then scale it in FM to the size desired. This makes the dpi low enough that re-sampling in the various workflows is not likely to happen.

Resist any temptation to re-size by re-sampling, such as in Photoshop, to avoid introduction of edge artifacts, esp. edge ringing in JPG. You want the little squares to remain nice and sharp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the tips. I'm happy to report that I now have clean, crisp, working QR codes in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines