• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Instructions for using new frontmatter section in ditafm-output.ini file

Participant ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I noticed a new section in the ini file from the last time I updated FM 2019. I would love to use it to include a revision history page in my generated books. Is there any guidance on how to do so?

Thanks!

For reference:

[BookWithFM-FrontMatter]
Template=RevisionHistoryTpl.fm < - I ADDED THIS TEMPLATE FILE

ChapterNumbering=Restart
;ChapterNumberingFirst=Restart|Continue|ReadFromFile|UseSame
ChapterNumberingValue=1
ChapterNumberingText=
ChapterNumberingFormat=Numeric
;ChapterNumberingFormat=Numeric|Roman_UC|Roman_LC|Alpha_UC|Alpha_LC|Kanji|Zenkaku|Zenkaku_UC|Zenkaku_LC|Kanji_Kazu|Daiji|Text|FullWidth|FullWidth_UC|FullWidth_LC|Chinese_Numeric

PageNumbering=Continue
;PageNumbering=Restart|Continue|ReadFromFile
PageNumberingValue=1
PageNumberingFormat=Numeric
;PageNumberingFormat=Numeric|Roman_UC|Roman_LC|Alpha_UC|Alpha_LC|Kanji|Zenkaku|Zenkaku_UC|Zenkaku_LC|Kanji_Kazu|Daiji|FullWidth|FullWidth_UC|FullWidth_LC|Chinese_Numeric

Pagination=SingleSided
;Pagination=DoubleSided|SingleSided
PageRounding=DeleteEmpty
;PageRounding=MakeEven|MakeOdd|DontChange|DeleteEmpty
FirstPageSide=NextAvailable
;FirstPageSide=ReadFromFile|NextAvailable|Left|Right

ExcludeFromGeneratedLists=1

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

This section is for users who are using bookmap and have added some topics as reference as part of frontmatter or backmatter. Earlier when PDF was being generated any topicrefs part of frontmatter/backmatter were not included. The option was to add them as normal topics and then include. With this new functionality these get added and have seperate templates for you to configure them. So revision history could be one such topic in frontmatter and you could apply a new template for the same.

Thank

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This section is for users who are using bookmap and have added some topics as reference as part of frontmatter or backmatter. Earlier when PDF was being generated any topicrefs part of frontmatter/backmatter were not included. The option was to add them as normal topics and then include. With this new functionality these get added and have seperate templates for you to configure them. So revision history could be one such topic in frontmatter and you could apply a new template for the same.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Amitoj! I hadn't come across bookmaps before, but I see the section in the user guide now and it looks like they'll be really helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines