• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is FrameMaker 11 compatible with Windows 10?

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our business is changing operating systems.

We are currently on Windows 7 and use FrameMaker 11 to generate PDFs.

Will FrameMaker 11 run on Windows 10?

Will FrameMaker 11 have experience issues with Windows 10?

Kind regards,

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using FrameMaker 11 on Windows 10 for well over a year with no problems. This includes heavy-duty, large-scale automated publishing jobs. Yes it's very stable for me.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thanks to everyone who took the time to answer my question.

I appreciate it.

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the major issue I am experiencing is, every time I use short-cut to conditionilize the content the main window size decreases to half of the screen and it doesn't become normal until you restart the program.

It is annoying when you are working on multiple files/book level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upasnad81657369​ - is your FM11 version fully patched up? Are you running it on a super large monitor or resolution? If you use the Conditional Tags pod to apply conditions to text does it misbehave in the same way as the shortcut?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using licensed software. It misbehaves only while using shortcuts. Basically the context menu gets open only out of the program window and window becomes small. I am using 11.0.0.380 and using extended monitor too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the shortcut you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Esc q+U

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with that shortcut.

Have you tried using Ctrl+4, Ctrl+5, and Ctrl+6 for conditionalizing content instead? Do they do the same odd thing to your monitor resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it does same thing..it is just about opening a new context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the first I've ever heard of this issue, and not what happens to me.

Please report it at adobe.com/go/wish so that tech support can weigh in on what's happening.

Also, because Fm 11 significantly predates Win 10, you might want to download the Fm 2017 trial to see if the same thing happens with the current version on your system.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, this is the version for which we have bought licenses!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM11 yes, but that includes any fixes that were issued after the initial release of the software - so try Help > Updates or go to the downloads section directly (Adobe - FrameMaker : For Windows) & grab the patches - I forget if FM11 still had sequential patches (must apply one at a time, increasing as you go) or if cumulative ones had started...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you saying that you bought FrameMaker after purchasing WIndows 10?

Fm11 came out in 2012, and Fm 12 came out in 2014, while Win10 didn't come out til July 2015.

Historically, you won't see much in the way of patch releases (for Fm11 for example) once the new version of the software (Fm 12, 13, and 14 in this case) have been released. So if there's a solution, it's not likely to come from Adobe.

Have you tried downloading the Fm 2017 (v.14) trial + patch releases to see if this still happens on your system? If it does, it's unrelated to the Fm and Win10 environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, you're on the initial release of Fm 11. Use the Help menu to update to the latest release of Fm11 (IIRC, it's 11.0.3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines