• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an alt code for a lower case theta that works in Framemaker?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an alt code for a lower case theta that works in Framemaker? I've tried a couple I found on the internet, but they don't work - they appear as some other symbol.

Thanks, MK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

There's a Unicode character for it (U+03B8).

Fabulous Code Chart claims that Alt+952 is a lowercase theta, but caveats it won't work in all programs. It certainly doesn't seem to work in FM, I think I got one of those weird ASCII characters used to indicate a wall in Nethack.

You can also apply a character tag to change the font to Symbol and use the lowercase q.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't that depend on the font you're using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arial. We are able to use alt 234 to make an ohm symbol. Just wondering if there’s one out there for a lower case theta.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a Unicode character for it (U+03B8).

Fabulous Code Chart claims that Alt+952 is a lowercase theta, but caveats it won't work in all programs. It certainly doesn't seem to work in FM, I think I got one of those weird ASCII characters used to indicate a wall in Nethack.

You can also apply a character tag to change the font to Symbol and use the lowercase q.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This Unicode works.

Regards, MK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another tip here: You can also enter the Unicode value of any character and but it wit a pre-fix "\u" into the change-to-text box in the Find/Change dialog. In this case "\u03B8". Like this:

Then just place the text insertion mark into the position in your text, where you want to insert the character and click "Change." This inserts the lower case theta at the current position. Note, that the character will only appear correct in the document if you are using a font which has the according codepoint actually populated with a character. Otherwise, it will appear as a question mark ("?") until you assign a font that supports the character. Also note, that once you have clicked "change", FrameMaker automatically "converts" the Unicode code "\u03B8" into the actual glyph. In this case "θ".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines