Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Last Line) Right Indent desperatly missed

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Is there a chance that we will ever see a (Last Line) Right Indent in FrameMaker?

Not having this is extremly unpractical - especially in TOC's,, Indexes and other generated lists as they need to be edited manually with every update to look nice.

InDesign got this feature since a couple of years and it would be great to this this also in FrameMaker in one of the next releases.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Tracker (https://tracker.adobe.com) to get this on Adobe's radar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H,

I had to look up what a last line right indent is. I found Barb's description:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-what-is-a-last-line-right-indent/

This solution is not a last line right indent, but you get almost the same effect. In the TOC go to one of the heading paragraphs. In the paragraph designer go to the Advanced tab. There set minimum word spacing to 200 and maximum to 125 and Update Style. And of course set up your TOC so that you have right aligned tabs before the page numbers.

Then update your book. All lines before the one with the page number will break before the right edge of the text frame. Only the page number of the last line will be aligned at the right edge.

Does this help?

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
Thank you. Indeed this workaround helps - but anyway it would be very a useful feature.

Oliver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jeff suggested, add it as a feature request on the Tracker site. I'll vote for it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree this feature should be added to FrameMaker. It looks like Oliver added the request here on 11 October:  https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-7310.

Please vote for it!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voted! This is a real "nice-to-have".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Winfried: I tried your workaround with a client, but now the tab isn't working. What am I doing wrong? See 1.5 below:

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 8.09.43 AM.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok smart people... I think the answer to my last question to Winfried is two tabs on the reference page before <$pagenum>. It doesn't hurt the short lines, but makes the long wrapping lines work. This is for a super long doc, so no room for error. Anyone see a problem with this solution, until we get a last line right indent in FrameMaker?

~Barb

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 10.39.11 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines