• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Line showing up beneath imported graphic

Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am importing images in a PDF format by reference (Esc+fii) into my FrameMaker documents. On the initial import, everything is fine, but as soon as I wrap the anchored frame around the graphic, a faint line shows up at the bottom of the frame. If it were only visible in Farme I could tolerate it, but it also shows up in the PDF output when I publish, where it is unnecessary, distracting, and just plain wrong. There's no object style applied to the anchored frame. 

Editing to insert: This also happens when inserting PNG images by pasting, so it's not specific to either importing by reference or to PDF graphics.

I've tried changing different properties for the anchored frame, and so far nothing works. I tried changing the Stroke Line width to 0, but the line stays (and the width changes to 0.015 on its own). I've tried changing the Pen Pattern to one of the ones that appears to be blank, but the line stays.

How do I get rid of this line? Why is it even showing up?

Windows 10

FrameMaker 15.0.4.751

(As an aside, I'm not adding a topic tag because there doesn't seem to be one appropriate to issues with graphics.)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

I figured it out!

The anchor for the anchored frame is in a paragraph tag that has a 2-point font applied to it. I think FrameMaker is trying to "greek" the line, even though the only thing in it is the anchored frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just tried on an empty fm file.

First of all, the anchored frame by default wraps as soon as I import any image.

I took a new anchored frame and wrapped this image into this new frame but didn't get any line below that.

Could you please send any sample file or share more insights about it ??

Email: fmerror-reports@adobe.com or punagpal@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've emailed a file with examples to pnagpal, but in case anyone else would like to see what it looks like, I took a screenshot. The first two images are PDF and a PNG format graphics imported by reference without wrapping the anchored frame. The next two images are the same graphics, also imported by reference, but with the anchored frames wrapped.

examples for adobe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lim,

I can't see the line in pdf output published but I was able to play around and resolve this.

Kindly select the anchored frame on which line is coming and then change the "anchored frame position " from anchored frame pod to "Below current line " and select required alignment according to your need.

Let me know how it went for you .

clipboard_image_0.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. It's not showing in yours, but it was showing in mine in both the original FrameMaker document and the PDF output from that document. This morning, however, it's not showing in either.

I give up. It's been doing this for months, and as soon as I ask for help with it, it goes away.

I swear, the Universe is messing with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just test you , I am glad its resolved now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A thin line at the bottom usually means that you've run out of space. Try making the frame longer and see if the line goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frame was shrink-wrapped around the graphic. It should be exactly big enough.

But as you may see from above, it is, suddenly, not doing it anymore. I think the Universe is messing with me, but this has been happening for months, and as soon as I ask for help resolving it, the problem disappears. Must be a heisenbug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The line is still showing up in the FrameMaker document, and that's what the screenshot is of. It is not, however, showing up in the PDF anymore. It was, but it isn't now. As long as it's not showing up in the PDF, I'm good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad the issue resolved for you. Was the graphic at the bottom of the page by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. It happens no matter where the graphic is. The image in my post above is of a single page, and the line "PDF and PNG files, anchored frame NOT WRAPPED:" is the top of the page. The first wrapped graphic is about 3/4s of the way down the page, and as you can see, the line is very visible there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out!

The anchor for the anchored frame is in a paragraph tag that has a 2-point font applied to it. I think FrameMaker is trying to "greek" the line, even though the only thing in it is the anchored frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a little embarrassing, truthfully, but if someone else has this issue, finding this should reassure them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's something that I would have thought of only unless I could have examined your file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines