• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

<Default ¶ Font> vs HTML5

Advisor ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First experiment with converting real FM19 content to HTML 5 … first question :-}
I have a variable defined as <Default ¶ Font>, which behaves as expected in FM – it takes the font settings (colour, weight &c.) from the paragraph where it's used. Output to HTML5, the same variable sometimes matches the paragraph, sometimes doesn't. I can't offhand spot any consistency.
So – am I doing something wrong? and if so, what should I be doing instead?

TOPICS
Responsive HTML5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dagnammit … minutes later, an aha! moment and a sort of answer: if I select the paragraph with the first poorly-rendered variable and then apply Character format Default ¶ Font, the paragraph redraws and the variable renders correctly. So the problem must be related to copy/paste and a character format not showing up on screen. Of course, I can't check the status bar to see if there's an override warning … because I've just corrected them all. <sigh>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find that converting to HTML5 can give show you where character tags were not applied correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines