Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master page content spanning multiple pages

Enthusiast ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We need to add standard text (Conventions, General Navigation, T&Cs and Copyright information) to our documents. These would typically range from 1 to several pages of content. We currenly use a Master Page to add the copyright information to our documents, but would like to use master pages to also add in the other information (we will be using Conditional Text as the content included depends on the document). Is there a way to generate these using Master Pages?

Thanks,

Quintin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

I'm aware of using text inserts - we use quote a few of them. I was actually hoping there was a way to to set the content in the Master Pages. Alas, it seems that won't be possible. We'll have to go the route of adding these in as a separate document into our manuals.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend avoiding placement of content on Master Pages.

You can use one or more documents with content on Body pages, along with Text Insets and Conditional Text to more effectively control common content in your books.

See FrameMaker - Working with Content for a more detailed discussion.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Quintin:

Have you looked into text insets?

Adobe FrameMaker: Using Text Insets - Rocky Mountain Training

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm aware of using text inserts - we use quote a few of them. I was actually hoping there was a way to to set the content in the Master Pages. Alas, it seems that won't be possible. We'll have to go the route of adding these in as a separate document into our manuals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines