• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Messages in Windows Reliability Monitor

Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this for shure: this was an ordinary close with save of the open files - why the heck is this reported as "stopped working" in the Windows 10 Reliability Monitor?

Description
Faulting Application Path: H:\Adobe\FrameMaker.15en\Adobe FrameMaker 2019\FrameMaker.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: FrameMaker.exe
Application Version: 15.0.4.751
Application Timestamp: 5d540b1d
Fault Module Name: StackHash_c9f2
Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.418
Fault Module Timestamp: 99ca0526
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: PCH_50_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009CC14
OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 8192
Additional Information 1: c9f2
Additional Information 2: c9f2ee0b10b6114ab48ef45c82a42c89
Additional Information 3: 410a
Additional Information 4: 410a6d3ea015a3134b5ee3ad6fa388d8

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 5a8a948f6f1c4e9de7868af23fdf017b (1695195082809868667)

Nearly every close of FM-15 is reported this way in the monitor rendering the reports 'unreliable' by itself. I have plenty of  StackHash_2490 (or few other _xxxx) events and additional  KERNELBASE.dll, or MSVCR120.dll as Fault Module Name.

Of course I can not tell how it was on Windows 7, because there I did not have this tool/feature/nuisance...

The reports are marked with status "Report sent" - but IMHO these are useless for MS - or do they forward these reports to the relevant companies?

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Thanks for sharing this Klaus. Engg team was able to reproduce this and we will take this up in an upcoming sprint and try and address this with the next release of FrameMaker.

Regards

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce the report for StackHash_2490 nearly 'reliable' - nearly any (at least 4 out of 5) closes of FM-15 (with or without save of the current files) produces this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thee seem to be mysteries in this computer.

After tearing down add-ons etc. one by one the problem did not disappear. It must sit in one of the settings in the %appdata%\Adobe\FrameMaker\15\ files, because after renaming the current one to _saved and starting FM the problem has disappeared.

So I built up the usual environment again step by step:

- restored maker.ini (change from Windows cp to UTF-8)

- restored modfied Welcome Screen

- Installed Enhanced Tool Bars

- restored the sts files

The problem did not appear so far - so where was the culprit? Ah, yes, I know: 1 bit is sufficient to ruin a system... So there may have been some dust on one of the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing this Klaus. Engg team was able to reproduce this and we will take this up in an upcoming sprint and try and address this with the next release of FrameMaker.

Regards

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines