• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

move Framemaker to a new computer

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support says it cannot do anything and that my request must be posted to a forum.  I'm here now, but I doubt Adobe wants a product serial number and an authorization number posted here in order to get an authorization code response from Adobe support.  The online support says adobe also monitors these forums.  So are you here?????

Adobe, give me an answer:  how do I move an older Adobe Framemaker product from one computer I am retiring to a new computer?

By the way, deactivation on the older computer also fails.  The claim is that the reason is that it's not internet connected.  That's false.

The same claim (no network connection) is made when trying to activate the product on a different computer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Just as a follow up: We have been able to solve the problem with the help of Adobe TCS support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rodg87110066,

I'm not sure about which Adobe support you are talking. I guess it was not the Adobe Technical Communication support team. Could you please send me a private message with the chat protocol? I would like to follow up on this with the support agent.

That said: No, of course, please do NOT post any serial or other similar numbers on a public forum, including this one.

The error message about not being connected to the internet might come because of a firewall blocking the connection to the Adobe server. However, from how you describe it, it sounds like you might be using an extremely old version of FrameMaker, because "deactivating" is no longer there since many, many FrameMaker generations. Instead you just "sign out" on one machine, and "sign in" on the other machine (through the "Help" menu in the main toolbar).

Which FrameMaker version are you talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a follow up: We have been able to solve the problem with the help of Adobe TCS support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Stefan-Gentz,

My problem sounds similar to this one.

I have Framemaker10 running on a MacBook Air under parallels/windowsXP. Need to move it to a mac mini (2018/intel) under parallels/windowsXP.  

The mini already has parallels and windowsXP loaded and running.  Just need to the the framemaker moved over.

Why?  A 650 page project was created in this enironment, Now, the author seeks to created a new edition. 

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the original installer that you use to install Frame 10 in the first place?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the original ver 10 CD and the license #.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried installing it? I don't remember if Frame 10 was one of the programs that had to "phone home ". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No CD drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They start around $15 US external DVD/CD drive on Amazon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed they do.

Thanks for your assistance.

Rest well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"And now the rest of the news."

Framemaker10 is installed per your recommendation. NOW, how do I acquire the patches that Adobe no longer posts? And, how do I get Frame10 to call home since it lives on WinXP which lives in Parallels on a Mac Mini Monteray box?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect you need to talk to the FM folks - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#framemaker for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good morning Jeff Coatsworth,

Thanks for the scoop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines