What I try to do?
- I wan't to create a "library" file where I list terms like product name which can change between projects. Then I reuse these paragraphs in my files and I have to update only this one file when the project changes. I would use the same idea for the warnings and notes as well.
How I have done it?
- I created topic MyVariables.xml and included <ph> element for product name. I added id product_name for the element.
- In the file which is used in my ditamap I added <ph> and added to conref attribute MyVariables.xml#shared/product_name (I found this "shared" from some web discussion")
- As long as all the files are located in the same folder it works as wanted.
- I would like to have is a possibility to keep files in different folders so that those could be grouped logically, not to have dozens of files in one folder. I haven't found how this could be done. I found an instruction to add folder path to conref but there was not instruction how to do it (and I do it wrong as it is not working).
Other way I have tested:
<title>MY TEST MAP</title>
<keydef href="MyTestingVariables2.xml" keys="ReuseTest"
<topicref href="My test concept.xml" type="concept">
<navtitle>My test concept</navtitle>
<title>My test concept</title>
<shortdesc>Only for testing</shortdesc>
<p>The name of the product is
Topic (Including the reusable content):
<shortdesc>For testing only</shortdesc>
<ph id="ProductName">Test product</ph>
The solution was keyspace. I had tried it earlier but in a wrong way. After creating the keyspace I referred to the element by adding the element to my concept and setting the attribute conref to refer to the wanted paragraph.
I was told to use the selection Insert - Conref. And it is working.