• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"across all" + autonumbering

Advisor ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure whether I've forgotten how to do this, or in fact never done it before :-}

Page after page of reference information … styles with autonumbering for the blue labels, style with "across all columns and sideheads" for the bold black numbering.

taggingQuestion.png

Either of these by itself works like a charm, as shown over 'spacious' – but I'm wondering whether I can make the two styles work together and deliver something like the example over 'compact'.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Dagnammit – of course I'd solved this problem before! the range in the left margin needs to use side head (first baseline), and then the labelled lists are just in-column.

compact.png

I wish I could say I'd sat down and worked this out, but it was one of those not-quite-aha! moments that came to me on the train this morning …

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<bump> anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2019 Feb 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never done anything like that, but maybe Run-In Heading is what you want?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these generated pages, or just normal Flow A?

What's the target workflow? PDF, paper, web, multiple?

In own chapter of book, or in-flow in a large doc? AMP (Apply Master Pages) might be needed if page layout within file has to change for just these pages.

Not clear what the benefit of AAC would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not generated; normal flow in single chapter file; destination .pdf

if AAC is 'across all columns', I don't think it will help unless it can be combined with in-line

I remain intrigued, and mildly hopeful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FieryPantone:

I am still trying to understand the question—sorry, it's early here. A screen shot of the page width with text symbols and borders would do it. AAC would indicate a multi-column layout, but I just see one. Are you showing us the first column of a two-column layout?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a screenshot with Text Symbols turned on?

Also, are you doing this as a three-column layout (using master pages)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dagnammit – of course I'd solved this problem before! the range in the left margin needs to use side head (first baseline), and then the labelled lists are just in-column.

compact.png

I wish I could say I'd sat down and worked this out, but it was one of those not-quite-aha! moments that came to me on the train this morning …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines