• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Regex for footnote reference?

Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to inverse footnote reference numbers and punctuation. Does anyone know how to identify the footnote reference with Regex? InDesign uses ~F, but that's not working in FrameMaker.

~Barb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

I understand now Barb.

I would probably write a short ExtendScript to do that sort of thing if it was likely to be worthwhile. The FrameMaker Regex functionality for search and replace is just a basic implementation of the Perl syntax. Although that can be changed in maker.ini. It has no FrameMaker specific extensions that I'm aware of.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vào 17-12-2017 0:37, "BarbBinder" <forums_noreply@adobe.com> đã viết:

Regex for footnote reference? created by BarbBinder

<https://forums.adobe.com/people/BarbBinder> in Adobe FrameMaker - View

the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/10045955#10045955>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb,

I'm not sure that I understand your requirement... In FrameMaker the footnote numbering properties are managed through the Document Numbering Properties dialog. You can't use Regex to find and change footnotes.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ian!

I am trying to write a query that will locate a footnote followed by either a comma or period. If I can find that pattern, then I can pick them up and pop them back down the opposite order. Maybe you are correct we can’t do this in Fm yet, but I can use regular expressions in InDesign to do it, and I feel like I saw something last week about how to reference a footnote outside of InDesign. I just can’t find it now that I want it, of course!

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand now Barb.

I would probably write a short ExtendScript to do that sort of thing if it was likely to be worthwhile. The FrameMaker Regex functionality for search and replace is just a basic implementation of the Perl syntax. Although that can be changed in maker.ini. It has no FrameMaker specific extensions that I'm aware of.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't want to mark this as correct because I was hoping someone, somewhere would have different answer, Ian, but I guess not. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Barb,

If it's not already there perhaps you should add Regex enhancement as a feature request. If possible following the same convention that we see in InDesign... I would vote for it.

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines