Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive HTML output cross-reference text appearance

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working in FrameMaker 2017 and seem to be having trouble with the way the cross-reference text appears when my FrameMaker book is output to Responsive HTML.

This is what it looks like - the text appears highlighted in orange. I am trying to remove the highlight entirely.

2019-11-15_13-34-19.png

I've found that working in Publish Settings fixes most of the text/image appearance issues, but I can't seem to figure this one out. I have examined the Paragraph and Character Designers and Catalogs to confirm that nothing has been modified or added in there, with no luck. Most of the book was created by the tech writer before me - I have only added to it and done some general editing and formatting.

Any input, suggestions or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mary

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering , Responsive HTML5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm missing something - what's wrong with that xref?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I just realized I didn't mention the actual issue! I am trying to remove that orange highlight.

(I have edited the post for clarity.)

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess would be some character tag formatting applied to it that is being made visible by the CSS you're using. Check out the HTML to see what it's applied & then go look in your CSS to see how it's defined.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if a character format is applied (either in the Xref def, or locally in the text), check the RGB or CMYK definition of that color name (or just set Color to As-Is for the format).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The odd thing is that the highlighting appears when I publish the book to Responsive HTML. If I publish the file independently, it looks normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think first you might need to work out how the highlighting is being applied.

Maybe it is some type of colored table cell?

Then you can adjust the settings for the help output

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines