• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Responsive HTML5, too many files

Contributor ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We deliver our user documentation as chm files in our windows distributions. (Somewhere between 5 and 10 chm files, depending on product.) I use FM19 to generate these chm files, and they are checked in into our subversion repository.

We have decided to switch from chm to Responsive HMTL5 in the next version of our product.

But today I discovered that the number of files will be around 6000!

I can't check in that number of files. And I'm not sure the windows portage guys will accept that many files.

Any idea how to handle 6000 files?

TOPICS
Publishing , Responsive HTML5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checking in that many files? I'm sure your source control has the capacity to check in that many files. Have a chat with your developers - maybe they can zip up your output to check the zip file in only; maybe they will package it as a self-extracting executable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for answering. Yes, I'll ask the windows guys what they want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines