• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving as PDF

Enthusiast ,
Jul 05, 2008 Jul 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using FrameMaker 7.2 p158. When choosing File > Save As, and saving as PDF, FrameMaker launches Distiller, and then gives an error message stating that it cannot launch Distiller. I close Distiller, and again choose to save as PDF from FrameMaker. FrameMaker again launches Distiller, and the second time a PDF is successfully created. In other words, I have to save as PDF twice in order to print a PDF.

While this is workable it is annoying. Does anyone know of a way to fix this problem? I've already tried re-installing FrameMaker.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work properly when you Print to the logical PDF printer?

Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, when printing to the PDF printer or when printing to file, the same problem manifests itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 06, 2008 Jul 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds as if the Distiller portion of the install is somehow screwed up. Is there only one printer instance for it in the Printers folder?

When you did the uninstall/reinstall routine, did you happen to check to see if the printer had been uninstalled before you reinstalled?

Art

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Try this hotfix.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Art,
I didn't re-install Distiller or Acrobat because I have Acrobat 8.1.2 Pro already installed on my computer. Perhaps I need to uninstall it and then re-install it during the FrameMaker installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It has been there for a couple of years. It is not a recurrent problem. It just pops up once in a while.

It appears both with 7.2 and 8.0 BUT only with Distiller 8 (all patches).

I never saw it in earlier versions of Distiller

keep smiling
thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines