• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Section Numbers Grayed Out

Apr 06, 2011 Apr 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently upgraded from Adobe Framemaker 7.2 to 9.0 and love that section and sub-section numbering are now included.  However, I have old book files where I am trying to change the number properties, but I notice that the Section and Sub-Section inputs are completely grayed out and uneditable.  It is editable through the document itself, but when you update the book, it always defaults back to the book's numbering.  Is there any way to make it so that I can edit the section number for the document (through the book)?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 07, 2011 Apr 07, 2011

Aloha Alba,

Those numbering options apply only if your book components are placed into folders. See this blog post to understand the details:

http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2009/06/numbering_in_hierarchical_books.html

- Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Apr 07, 2011 Apr 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aloha Alba,

Those numbering options apply only if your book components are placed into folders. See this blog post to understand the details:

http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2009/06/numbering_in_hierarchical_books.html

- Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks you Michael. Your tip and the blog helped me out of a very difficult spot - in 2021!

Regards,

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines