Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sending feedback from a PDF file

New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In my powerpoint file I've implemented a macro that allows users to easily send feedback on a specific page. The macro creates and Outlook application email with all the details of the relevant page for which the feedback is being sent, and only requires users to key in their comments and send it.

Is it also possible in a PDF file created by FrameMaker?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you could do a mailto:xxx@yyy.zzz link - not sure about the extra stuff with subject, etc. prefilled, but it might not be something that translates to PDF very well without using something like Shlomo Peret's TimeSavers add-on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

thanks for your reply.

I'm aware of email hyperlinks, but I do need to add some extra info to the email (file name, page number,...) to make it easier for the document creator to find exactly the spot to look for.

Any idea of how this could be implemented?

Cheers,

Simone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry - PDFs are kind of a flat format for me that's an afterthought - we produce WebHelp mainly, but are transitioning to HTML5 Responsive help soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines