• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still problems with fly-out menus (FM-15)

Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

In Problems with fly out menus (FM-15)  I found that the flyout button becomes active after switching the workspace back and forth to the ETB work space.

BUT: The active state disappears at the close of FrameMaker. At the next open of FM (various closing scenarios) the buttuns are again inactive I need to switch WS to get them active.

Saving the WS before closing FM does not help. There are absolutely no messages concerning this in the console log.

Only the newly defined flyout commands are affected - but I can't see any difference in their definitions to the old ones which do not have this problem. See the whole configuration file (as it appear in the user area - do not exchange it with your existing one for test, toolbars and icons would also be needed).

In 'sections' [etb Flyout Commands] and [etb Flyout Menus] the first three work as intended, the other two are the new ones which create the problem.  The corresponding Tool bar statements are:
Table tool bar

<FLYOUT command="ETBCellAlignPopup" tooltip="Cell Alignment… [ETB]">
  <images base="etb_icons\table_cell_align"/>
</FLYOUT>

Character tool bar

<FLYOUT command="ETBChangeCasePopup" tooltip="Change text case… [ETB]">
  <images base="etb_icons\text_cases"/>
</FLYOUT>

What is going on here?

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Well, this seems to be a problem with the current WS-handling. In FM-14 (2017) the same problem occurs. I need to switch WS to Authoring and back to ETB to get the two Flyout buttons working.

Since I'm a beta tester for FM-next I know that there the problem does not exist. It may have been solved in the wake of solving another WS problem.

So I leave it as it is and place a warning in the download information.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely wierd,

After opening a document just after start of FM-15 the two flyout-buttons are inactive.

After switching to WS blank and back no one is active

After switching to WS Authoring and back button Change Case is active and works as intended.

I need to switch again the WS to get the second button Cell Align to work

At t he next start of FM the same game…

Ah well, today there will be full moon - maybe he/she has some idea about this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, this seems to be a problem with the current WS-handling. In FM-14 (2017) the same problem occurs. I need to switch WS to Authoring and back to ETB to get the two Flyout buttons working.

Since I'm a beta tester for FM-next I know that there the problem does not exist. It may have been solved in the wake of solving another WS problem.

So I leave it as it is and place a warning in the download information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines