• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Structure view refreshed/redrawn with every click (FM2019)

Enthusiast ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I click anywhere in the document, the Structure View appears to be refreshed/redrawn (best I can describe the action). There is no smoot jump/scrolling. FM also appears to be refreshing/redrawing the Structure View three times. The same happens when using the scrollbar to scroll down the Structure View - it's not scrolling smoothly, but refreshing redrawing the text as it becomes visible. We had similar 'visual' issues in the past where document pages would only render when they become the active page - as though FM is only loading the content visible on screen into memory.

Thoughts? Suggesions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing your Workspace to Blank and resetting it. Sometimes a visible pod/panel will slow things down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@frameexpert I tried that and the same still happens. I've even tried resetting my FrameMaker Preferences by deleting the ..\appdata\roaming\adobe\framemaker\15 folder.

As a test, I opened the same document in FM2020 and the problem is worse - not only is the same thing happening with the Structure View pod, but the same thing is also happening with the document - each page is drawn as it becomes active.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried another document - just to be sure it's not document specific - and got the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What "extras" are you running in FrameMaker, or on your machine, for that matter?

What does Windows tell you is using memory and CPU when this is happening?

(Not to make you paranoid, but...) Have you run a malware check on your system lately? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines