• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Structured FrameMaker 2019 crashes when I Accept All edits.

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 78 page FrameMaker document crashes when I Accept All edits. It seems like it's going okay but within 10 seconds the file closes. I am able to accept edits one at a time with no problem but it's crucial that I have the ability to Accept All with this size document. I have heard it could be the last symbol (§) in the document that is corupt. Any way to remedy this?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sedona,

Is your Framemaker version up-to-date? Please check your version in Help | About. The current version is 15.0.5.838. You can update with Help | Updates.

If your version is up-to-date, please add a bug report in the Adobe Tracker: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home 

FrameMaker must not crash! If available append files. When FrameMake crashes, do you get a message about dmp files? If yes, append this file as well.

What you could do:

Do a MIF wash. Save the file as MIF and then open the MIF and save it back as a FM file.

Are all conditions shown? Please show all conditions, when you accept your edits.

I did not hear any rumours that the last flow end symbol might be corrupted. Sometimes my flow end symbols have the Track Changes condition, sometimes not. At least on my files this does not affect the Accept All command.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Winfried,

At your suggestion I updated to 15.0.5.838. It took a lot of time to open the file but once it opened I tried to Accept All edits. It seemed like it was going to be successful but it crashed. When FrameMaker crashes, I do not get a message about dmp files nor do I see a dmp file in my working folder. How do I append files here?

I will add a bug report in the tracker but in the meantime can you tell me more about the MIF wash before I attempt it? What do you mean by "are all conditions shown?" How do I know that? What do you mean by "show all conditions when you accept your edits?" Where in the menu structure can I work with these conditions you reference?

Yesterday (before doing the update), I tried copying all of my text (redlines included) with the exception of the the last flow end symbol, and pasting it into a new Frame document. None of the redlines copied over though; it was as if they were all accepted. To this new document I added one line of tracked text and attempted an Accept All. It completed the task and indicated it had made 22 changes. That's about the number of changes the original document had! When I imported the master pages from the original document, my redlines in the Master Pages did show up. Now if I can figure out how to retain my redlines in the Body Pages that would be great! For my work projects, I need to make redlined PDFs and clean PDFs.

I really appreciate that you took the time to respond to my problem! I need to resolve this before my document becomes customer-facing. Right now I'm going through iterations of edits using Adobe shared reviews.

Thanks,

Sedona

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sedona,

MIF is this "maker interchange format". This is just a text representation of a binary FM file. When you save as MIF and then save the MIF file back to FM, inconsistencies in the file are remedied. The content or the definitions will not be changed.

With conditions shown I mean that you should show all conditions. Open the relevant pod with View | Show/Hide Conditional Text. (You can also find it with the small magnifier in the upper right corner of the FrameMaker window.

When you copy text with Track Text Edits to a file where this is deactivated all Track Text Edits get accepted. Yes.

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sedona,

I have sent you the private message with our email ID. Please email us back and we can connect to look into the issue.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I sent an email. Subject: FrameMaker crashes Accept All edits.

I work with Hologic, Inc.

Sedona

[e-mail info redacted by Moderator - that's why there's such a thing as Private Messages]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines