• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table style runs off page

Participant ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a table style for images in FrameMaker (version 15.0.4.751). When I select the style, the table column runs off the page. (Shown here.) I know there has to be an easy way to fix the style so that this doens't happen. Or even an easy way to resize the column on the right. However, I can't find instructions for either of these things! Probably my holiday brain, but if anyone can help me out with this simple answer, it would be much appreciated. Thank you!

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Ennar,

There are two techniques you can use to resize a table column:

1. Click in a cell in the column and use Table > Resize Columns. The resulting dialog box lets you enter the desired width explicitly along with several other options such as making the column the same width as another, scaling the current width, and others. You can also resize adjacent columns the same way by selecting cells in all of them.

2. Select a cell by clicking in it, dragging over one of its borders, and then b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ennar,

There are two techniques you can use to resize a table column:

1. Click in a cell in the column and use Table > Resize Columns. The resulting dialog box lets you enter the desired width explicitly along with several other options such as making the column the same width as another, scaling the current width, and others. You can also resize adjacent columns the same way by selecting cells in all of them.

2. Select a cell by clicking in it, dragging over one of its borders, and then back into it (or select adjacent cells in the same column. A resize handle (a little box in the middle of the right border) appears. You can drag the resize handle to the right to increase the width of the cell or to the left to decrease it. Doing so changes the total width of the column. If you hold the Shift key while dragging, you change the width of the column with the resize handle and the one to the right (essentially moving the border between them) so that one expands and the other contracts but the total table width stays the same.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynne, thank you! I couldn't click and drag because the table was running off the page, but I used Table > Resize as you suggested and then updated the table style. I was hoping to figure out how I could enter the column widths into the table designer, but this way works just as well. Thanks so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ennar,

There's nowhere in the table designer where you can enter successive column widths. You can resize the columns in an existing table and then click the Update Style button in the Table Designer to change the style and have the new column widths apply to future tables that use that format.

--Lynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for clarifying! I'm sure it says that somewhere in the documentation, but I was unable to find it. Really thankful for people like you who are willing to share your knowledge here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines