Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The responsive HTML output in structured framemaker are not loading

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The responsive HTML output from structured framemaker files are not getting loaded in web browsers (Chrome and Mozilla) but the unstructured output is loading. Please help whats wrong in this??

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Are you all patched up?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the swift reply.

I am not sure what plugins are required for responsive HTML output. I was under the impression that the same plugins for unstructured would work for structured.

Please let me know the mandatory plugins which are required for this.

Regards,

Vinayakrishna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may have been an issue with the Publishing routine coming from Structured as opposed to Unstructured, so first ensuring that you're all patched up with the latest version (please report what you're running, btw) and then trying to generate is the first step. If you're still having issues with the output, then it's time to log a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to publish the files, but when I open the output, the output screen appears, where it shows the Loading.... symbol but it wont really loads. I have installed Framemaker version 14.0.2.425 (2017 release). And yes, I have updated to the latest through Help > Update. Still no luck. . This is the screenshot:

Please let me know how to proceed. Any idea?? Also, please let me know the customer support division for India. I could not specifically find any for India. If you have any info on this, please guide.

Thanks,

Vinayakrishna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vinayakrishna,

I am from FrameMaker support Team. I just sent you the private message with support details. Kindly revert back to the message with your contact details to connect with you and look into the issue.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff and Mayank,

I contacted the Adobe support team today morning and the problem is now solved.

Apparantly, I was wrong in one of the authoring steps because of which it was happening. Now this is rectified.

Thanks for your replies.

Vinayakrishna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this happening for one or two other users. Maybe you can share with the community what you have to change to make it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Stefan,

There were two problems in my case:

1. The Java version was outdated. The Adobe support team member pointed out that and updated it.
  2. I wasn't saving the DITAMAP as a 'Book with FM Components' but just as a Book because of which it was not loading in internet browser. (I don't know whether the justification he gave is right or wrong, but now its working. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines