Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Title field in the File Info dialog

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Using FrameMaker 2019 and Acrobat Pro DC Version 2020.009.0067

In Framemaker, where does the automatically generated data in the Title field of the File Info dialog come from? Can it be manipulated to generate the current document filename and not the name of a previous version’s document title when converted to PDF? Or is there a way to make the field empty. Right now I have to manually delete the information in the Title field, and click Set to create a PDF that displays the current name of the file in the upper right corner and tab of the PDF. The Title setting gets reset when I close and reopen the Frame file; I have to manually change the Title field everytime I reopen the file.

That data in the Title field is automatically carried over when used as a template for a new document. When converted to PDF, the legacy title gets automatically generated into the Title field of the PDF Document Properties dialog and is also displayed in the upper left corner of the resulting PDF and in its tab.

Seeing legacy data in the PDF makes it confusing to know which document is being viewed and causes more problems when our PDFs get posted to our website for customers, if we forget to clear the title field in FrameMaker or forget to change the title in the resulting PDF document properties setting. In previous versions of FrameMaker, I do not recall this happening. I never had to worry about the Title field and how it affected the generation of PDFs. This seems to have started when we moved to working in the cloud.

Thank you for your help!

TOPICS
Content migration , PDF output

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, meant to say upper left corner and tab of the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC, the File Info has been "sticky" since day 1 - the only way you can clean it out of your templates (once you start using it)  is to type spaces in the fields. There's currently a Tracker bug logged about being able to remove the info without having to overtype it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest thing for me to do is delete the entire field because when I do that, the current filename automatically gets displayed (not the legacy title name). It's especially inportant when I have several PDFs opened at once. I'm glad it's logged as a bug!

Thanks for getting back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The book picks up file info from the first document you add to it. If you create a blank document and then import everything but the Document Properties, you will have a template file that has nothing in the file info. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi linsims,

I assumed creating a blank document would fix the problem given this is a legacy issue but there is seldom enough time to go through that process with one document let alone the hundreds of documents we revise and Save as using on a continual basis.  I'd love more information on how often the bug Tracker is given attention and why, if this is a "sticky since day 1" issue, it hasn't been dealt with yet.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea why they pick the things they do to fix. There's an open bug on this in Tracker you can vote on and comment on if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the direct link to the tracker. Unfortunately, selecting Please login to vote keeps producing an error page. I'll keep trying and if I can actually vote I'll have my team of writer's do the same. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging in first (https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home), then searching for bug #6903.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried your approach and got the same error. But strangely, I have been logged in all along. I have to be logged in to get to this forum and reply to you so I'm not sure why I'm being asked to login. I do appreciate your help though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Huh. That's very odd. You'd think if you could get here you could get there since the domain is the same.

Maybe try just typing tracker.adobe.com into the address bar instead of following the link? Or clear your cache and cookies? The latter can cause some interesting issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines