• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC_alignment

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the heading is too long,How can i wrap text automatically in toc??see the below image. i used another key Esc space h some time its working but not giving proper alignment. for example see the 29 it has three lines, all the three lines in proper alignment. some time the 2nd or 3rd lines are not in same alignment while using Esc space h or control space. so i need another way to solve it. if anyone knows solution tell me your support would be appriciated!!! 

Note : I am using unstructure docalignment.PNG

TOPICS
Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the paragraph designer, select the paragraph tag for your TOC paragraphs. In the Advanced tab, under Word Spacing, set the Minimum to 275%, the Maximum to 325%, and the Optimum to 100%. Then click Update All. Do this for each TOC paragraph (that is, each level) that may be more than one line long.

These percentages should give you a good result. At the very least they should be close to what you need and can be tweaked if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I tried with this method but its not working for me. i need all the heading shuold be ending with same alignment for example:1

1      xxxxxx.............1          

1.1   xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxx.................2

But what im getting is

Example:2

1    xxxxxxx.............1         

1.1 xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxx2

I need,If the heading is too long then aslo it should automatically wrap and start with previous line with dotted line and page number like Example 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a right aligned tab stop for the TOC paragraphs?

Check the reference pages to make sure that there is a right-aligned tab stop for all TOC tags between <$paratext> and <$pagenum>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Barbara—I'm thinking no. You can see the TOC Reference page on this thread—along with instructions on how to add the tabs—but I didn't see that this was accomplished. Or if it was, we didn't get that feedback (yet).

https://community.adobe.com/t5/framemaker/toc-formatting/m-p/10882874?page=1#M64645

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please see the below image there i given "left tab 3cm" & "right tab 17 cm, Indent also given. In word spacing minimum 275% & maximum 325% optimum 100% given. i did all you said then also no changes in TOC.Kapitel_V.PNG

1    xxxxxxx.............1         

1.1 xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxx2

1.2 xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

this is  what im getting 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do us a favor and turn on the text symbols (View > Text Symbols) then take two more screen shots, one of the ToC with the issue and another of the TOC reference page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my reference page:5.PNG

1.PNG2.PNG

See the 2 & 3rd image some sub level headings are bold, and page num is not in proper alignment. 

4.PNG

i need toc like above image. this image also taken from same toc but some of the chapter headings coming properly some of them not. all sub headings in one style and sub sub level headings in one style.  chapter headings style is also same only that different is numbering  for example : A\t,  B\t,  C\t .For level 1 heading only bold fonts given that you can see in reference page  ( 1st image)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The TOC entry in your screen capture, the one that does not have the number aligned correctly, is indented. The indent may be throwing off the tab stops. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines